A rest day with an easy yoga class at noon!
I was thinking about this summer yesterday and how many fun things we have planned. So…why not list them?
- Early morning summer running. Can’t beat rolling out of bed, throwing on shorts and a tank, and hitting the road.
- Long runs (do I need to say more?).
- Summer wedding season!
- Trips to the Shore for Amanda’s Bachelorette (fun!) and 4th of July weekend (more fun!).
- Attending the Healthy Living Summit in August. I couldn’t pass it up since it’s in Philly. Can’t wait to meet some of my fellow bloggers!
- Celebrating our 2-year wedding anniversary.
- Celebrating Matt’s birthday.
- Running marathon #9 on 9/11 (technically still summer so it counts).
- Hopefully BQing in marathon #9.
We kick off wedding season this weekend with my friend Camille’s wedding. I met Camille when I was a grad student at Georgetown. She is one of the nicest and kind-hearted people I know. I’m so happy for her and can’t wait to celebrate.
What are you looking forward to this summer?
Your summer sounds super fun! I’m not loving early morning runs, mostly because I can’t roll out of bed and go. Once I get the baby and dog ready to go, it’s already hot!
Tessa at Amazing Asset says
Ahh I love weddings, I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend 🙂
That’s great you are looking forward to long runs, I wish I could say the same for myself! I am not quite up to that point yet though 🙂
I am looking forward to July 4th weekend- it’s always a big celebration in my town and we have a great festival of arts
aww! such a fun post! I am looking forward to pool time, reading the books that have been piling up on my shelf (the ones I WANT to read! haha!), summer BBQs and the sun! Oh and some marathon training here and there 😉
I am looking forward to many of the same things this summer! Weddings, getting back into the routine of long runs and marathon training and warm days at the beach. Now if only I could get a summer vacation from work so I could really enjoy all these things… 😉
Amanda Kenney says
Extremely honored to see my name (well bachelorette party) on the list! Can’t wait! Have fun in DC!!!
Sounds like tons of fun!!
Yay for summer! Love how you appreciate the little things…hitting the road in shorts and a tank…that is the best!
Alyssa Lindsey says
I LOVE weddings and look forward to them like crazy! I’m also so excited to be running in a tank top and shorts again! I’m doing my first (and second) triathlon, so I’m excited for that, and I am looking forward to going to the farmer’s market like no one’s business. I also can’t wait to read on my porch and go to the pool. I LOOOOOVE summer!!!