8 miles easy / 1:17 / 9:37 avg pace
I could bore you with the details of my 8-miler this morning or I could bore you with 5 random facts. I know you’d love to know more about me, so let’s get to it!
1. I don’t like any of my food to touch on a plate. Those paper plates with dividers are the best invention ever. I also eat one food at a time: meat first, then veggies, then rice, etc.
2. I got my belly button pierced when I was 18 and just took it out a few weeks ago. I had it for so long (16 years!) I barely noticed it anymore.
3. I have never been stung by a bee. The thought of being stung terrifies me.
4. I walked at 9 months of age. I have asked my mom repeatedly to verify the validity of this milestone and she swears to it. Matt, on the other hand, doesn’t believe it.
5. I love ketchup and pretty much drench my food in it. A grilled cheese and ketchup is my favorite.
So now my strangeness is confirmed!
I want to know some random facts about you! Please tell me something!
I love that you follow a fact about a body piercing with being terrified of a bee stinger 🙂
I know of other babies who walked at 10 months, so it is possible.
I hate when my food touches too, but I always eat my veggies first because they’re not fun and I want to get them out of the way, plus they usually taste really gross when they’re not hot. 🙂
Ha – very true! Why should I be afraid of a little bee when I had (essentially) an ice pick poked through my belly button?!
Haha, I love this! Definitely very random facts. I HAVE been stung by a bee and it wasn’t fun (once my whole foot swelled up because my dad didn’t get the whole stinger out. It was awful!), but I’ve never had anything pierced besides my ears. Too much of a wimp for that, I suppose.
Em was walking at 9 months too…does this mean she will be running marathons? lol
1. We are the same person. I’ll use like 4 plates when I eat dinner alone.
2. I also had my belly button pierced at 16 and told my mom I did it myself when she saw it so she wouldn’t ban me from hanging out with my friend who took me to the piercing studio.
3. I have flipped the hell out every time I got stung by a bee….that HURTS – once it happened on a run and I screamed my head off like I was being attacked (well I was, and I know this is not helping your fear).
5. I HATE ketchup even the smell grosses me out.
Holly @ pink runner says
I love grilled cheese and ketchup!!! Has to be Heinz!
Mike Shay says
You forgot that you have fished in Mystic Island and caught something. Very few can say that.
Me, I like my food all mixed up; it is probably from going to boarding school for so long. My kids won’t even sit next to me at the table. It is me on one side and the rest of the family on the other.
Keep it up.
Ha! “Fishing” was few and far between for me at Mystic!
Wait…you went to boarding school?!
So funny. I had my belly button pierced for years and, when I took it out at 28 years old my dad said, “Welcome to finally being an adult.”
Ha, ha Dad…. ha, ha!
Does it stress you out that your food will be touching IN your stomach?? 😉
So true! I figured it was about time for it to come out. I was a little tied to it after 16 years!
HA i also got my belly button pierced when I was 18. I took it out sometime after college…
Running Girl says
Let’s see – – I’m a complete klutz & regularly injure myself this way. Present injury included. When I was five, I tripped on a heating vent & cut the majority of my knee cap off. My mom freaked & flushed it down the toilet, so they couldn’t sew it back on. My knee has a wicked scar on it, and I remember the doctor telling my mom (totally deadpan) “Well, she’ll never be Miss America with this leg.” Yeah, because prior to the accident, that was a total consideration. 😉
I’m so sorry but this really made me laugh! Don’t worry, I fall and trip over my own 2 feet all the time.
Haha! Mommy says i also walked at 9 months old. Daddy says he got stung on the ass twice by a wasp when he was 10.
I love fun facts. I had #2 — but I’m also allergic to sterling silver/metal and, well, belly button got infected and buh-bye belly button piercing. It still never really healed correctly so yeah, not good.
#3 – I was stung by a bee, 3x. In fact, one time was 9th Grade English class w/ Mr. Kane. The girl behind me kept trying to wave it away and the teacher yelled at her and she said, “A yellow jack just went down her shirt”, so I was trying to get it out of my shirt and then the class changed, “TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF!!” Not funny —
#5, LOVE LOVE LOVE ketchup too. Here’s the thing.. It has to be Heinz. I hate when they give you Hunts. This may sound crazy, but I actually carry ketchup packets in my bag. LOL And yes, they are Heinz. It has come handy a lot. Have you ever tried Ketchup on Mac and Cheese? it’s yummy.
I’m sorry but I laughed at the bee story!
Someone else left a comment about Heinz ketchup too! Apparently Heinz has quite the following 😉 I’ll take any ketchup!