8 miles temp0 / 1:06 / 8:15 avg pace
*6 miles at 7:50 pace
I was thinking a few days ago about all the routine things I do each day that make me smile, bring me out of a bad mood, comfort me, etc. If you sense a list coming up, you’re correct! Here’s my list of little things that I look forward to each day (most likely in order of appearance!).
1. My morning run: If you couldn’t tell from my 5:00AM wake-up calls, I’m an early bird. Running in the morning is so peaceful (and necessary in the summer). It’s the best way to start the day.
2. Venti sugar-free vanilla non-fat misto: I swing by Starbucks on the days that I go into work (I work from home 2 days a week). Delicious! I know my drink order is super high maintenance but this is way cheaper than a Skinny Vanilla Latte but tastes the same.
3. Readers’ comments: I LOVE reading your comments! I get so excited when my Gmail lights up! Keep ’em coming 🙂
4. Blog reading: I also love to read all of your blogs!
5. Walking in the door after work and seeing Hawk: How can you not love a dog that is so happy to see you every day? He practically looses his mind when I walk in the door.
6. Having dinner with Matt: I love to sit down and eat with Matt (bonus if it’s summer and we can grill and eat on the deck).
7. Taking Hawk for a walk: Bonus if Matt comes along. I enjoy going out for a walk but don’t get the chance to do it very often.
8. Watching a TV show with Matt: We don’t watch much TV so this is a real treat. Usually we watch a show on Netflix (just finished up Friday Night Lights – so so so good!).
9. Bed: Yes, I’m serious. I love to sleep and go to bed early – between 9:00 and 9:30. Yup, call me grandma. But that 5:00AM wake-up call comes pretty fast!
What are some routine things that you look forward to each day?
I love putting the baby to bed at night. That’s the highlight of my day because she’s usually sweet and cuddly and also, it’s the end of my “work” day 🙂
I am also an early-to-bed/early-to-rise person. I love getting my exercise in early–I feel better and know even if it turns out to be a bad day, I have done something good for myself. (Awesome run there–you are going to crush your marathon PR in Sept!)
thanks for the reminder to keep in mind all of the little (and big) things that make me happy! 🙂 easy to lose track sometimes. here’s one random one – i love farmer’s markets – particularly my local one and chatting with a particular vendor who i always see each week. it makes me feel like part of a community, and i just love roaming around, looking at all the colorful produce and getting lots of goodies to bring home!
Pink Runner says
This summer is turning me into a night owl! I’ve been staying up way too late each night. I never got into the early morning running routine this summer, but I still have time! I’ve been looking forward to my night spinning/BodyPump classes during the week. I also love reading blogs (like yours!) and getting comments 🙂
haha my daily wake-up and bed time sound the same as yours!! your tempo was so speedy girl! you are seriously an inspiration for me 🙂
I look forward to coming home every evening to my sweet pup and playing with her for a bit until its time for dinner 🙂
I’m JUST getting into the groove of 5am runs…and I’m not going to lie it was REALLY tough at first! But now I don’t think I’d have it any other way!
I love this! It’s easy to get stuck in a routine and stop appreciating the little things about each day. One of the things that I also look forward to coming home to my pup every evening. No one is this world is as excited as he is to see me. It’s a daily confidence boost. 😉
I know exactly what you mean about the mistos. I’m so glad I discovered it. My order’s pretty high-maintenance too 🙂 tall nonfat misto one pump mocha
Tessa @ Amazing Asset says
This is such a nice post. Thank you for reminding me to think of the little things that give me delight each and every day! I love my morning routine, of an early run followed up by coffee and a breakfast recipe of my choice. Simple but wonderful 🙂
Mike Shay says
I like having my coffee on the deck thinking I have a whole day in front of me. Great post
It’s too bad we’re not neighbors. I would so join you for 5 AM morning runs — though I might be looking more at your ass since you’re super fast these days! September marathon has nothing on you. ;o) We could probably have slumber parties too because I’m in bed that early… used to be earlier than that, pre-preggo days — I’m talking 8-8:30. LOL
I like today’s entry a lot! ;o)
Thank you! I love your comments too – they always make me laugh!
I am with you on the 5 am wake up and 9 bed time…hmm I really need to think on this and add to it! Great points!