8 miles temp0 / 1:06 / 8:15 avg pace
*6 miles at 7:50 pace
I was thinking a few days ago about all the routine things I do each day that make me smile, bring me out of a bad mood, comfort me, etc. If you sense a list coming up, you’re correct! Here’s my list of little things that I look forward to each day (most likely in order of appearance!).
1. My morning run: If you couldn’t tell from my 5:00AM wake-up calls, I’m an early bird. Running in the morning is so peaceful (and necessary in the summer). It’s the best way to start the day.
2. Venti sugar-free vanilla non-fat misto: I swing by Starbucks on the days that I go into work (I work from home 2 days a week). Delicious! I know my drink order is super high maintenance but this is way cheaper than a Skinny Vanilla Latte but tastes the same.
3. Readers’ comments: I LOVE reading your comments! I get so excited when my Gmail lights up! Keep ’em coming 🙂
4. Blog reading: I also love to read all of your blogs!
5. Walking in the door after work and seeing Hawk: How can you not love a dog that is so happy to see you every day? He practically looses his mind when I walk in the door.
6. Having dinner with Matt: I love to sit down and eat with Matt (bonus if it’s summer and we can grill and eat on the deck).
7. Taking Hawk for a walk: Bonus if Matt comes along. I enjoy going out for a walk but don’t get the chance to do it very often.
8. Watching a TV show with Matt: We don’t watch much TV so this is a real treat. Usually we watch a show on Netflix (just finished up Friday Night Lights – so so so good!).
9. Bed: Yes, I’m serious. I love to sleep and go to bed early – between 9:00 and 9:30. Yup, call me grandma. But that 5:00AM wake-up call comes pretty fast!
What are some routine things that you look forward to each day?