7 miles easy / 1:05 / 9:17 avg pace
Thanks for your comments on my running etiquette post. The verdict? Those guys were in the wrong and total creepers!
I had to double-check which week I was recapping. It’s all starting to mush together towards the end.
MON: 7 at marathon pace
TUE: 8 speed
WED: 8 easy
FRI: 15 long
SAT: 5 easy
SUN: 10 tempo
53 miles for the week and 6 days of running (normal for me is 5 days per week). I figured I’d give it a shot but I really prefer 2 rest days.
I was looking over an old post I wrote at the beginning of this training cycle, where I laid out my plans for changing things up and doing things different. Overall I’m doing pretty good:
- increase overall mileage — CHECK
- switching between hill repeats and track workouts — decided against this since I need the speed work to BQ and my long runs are plenty hilly.
- trail running — CHECK. Every tempo run has been done on a trail.
- long runs (do some at LSD and some at MP) — CHECK. Thanks to the humidity, the choice as to which runs were LSD was made for me 🙂
- cross-train (yoga and strength train) — FAIL! I haven’t been to a single yoga class yet and I went to 1 strength training class.
Unrelated question of the day: what do you use to track your runs? Daily Mile, etc? I’m thinking of ditching my excel spreadsheet for something more high tech!