8:40 avg pace <– that’s 5 sec/mile BELOW my goal marathon pace!
Heeeellllloooo, taper! I welcome you with open arms! If you’re thinking why the hell would I run below GMP, see here. I hadn’t planned on it actually, just wanted to run close to GMP and end on a good note.
Instead of boring you with 22 split times, I’ll include some random thoughts about today’s run. Please note I’m on a crazy endorphin high right now so I hope this makes sense.
- I definitely think a 3:50 is within my reach.
- I treated this run like race day. I started out running 9:00 pace and gradually decreased the pace from there.
- I felt really good at Mile 13 so I picked up the pace and wondered how long I could hold it for. I made it to Mile 22 🙂
- I was tired at the end but still had gas in the tank.
- I definitely improved my mental game this training cycle….mind over matter means more to me than you can even imagine!
- I thought about Boston a lot during this run. For Boston 2012, I will be 35 years old…meaning (for 2012 ONLY) I could qualify with a 3:45. Could it be a possibility? What if…? I didn’t train to BQ in May but it’s very tempting to have it so close within my reach. At least temporarily. Once 2013 comes, it’s back to 3:40.
- I loved every second of this run. I hope after 3 weeks of taper I can repeat this come May 1.
I came home and immediately devoured chocolate milk and foam rolled.
I want to give a huge shout out to my sister-in-law, Desiree, who ran her first 5K today!!! She totally rocked it, like I knew she would, and I think she’s been bitten by the running bug!