20 miles / 2:57 / 8:51 avg pace
*This was a tough one. It was so humid you could cut the air with a knife. My average pace felt hard and there wasn’t an inch of me that was dry. Check out my shorts post-run (I can’t believe I’m posting this awful close-up). I wore my Lululemon Willpower shorts and they are absolutely fantastic. Nike tempo what?!
This weekend is my friend Amanda’s bachelorette party so I’m heading down the shore today for some drinking and dancing with the Mains. So what am I doing to ensure I can still dance (and stay awake) after 20 miles?
1. Drink chocolate milk immediately post-run. I literally put the chocolate milk in a thermos and wrap it in an ice pack so I can drink it right away. I don’t mess around!
2. Foam roll. I spent a good 10 minutes foam rolling when I got home.
3. Ice bath. I generally don’t ice bath but I’ll take all the help I can get today.
4. Coffee/carbs/water. After a 5:00AM wake-up call, I desperately need coffee in order to hang tonight. And then I’ll need lots of water to counteract the dehydration from the 20-miler, coffee, and (eventually) beer. I’ll also be eating a mini-meal of carbs every 3-4 hours. Empty stomach + beer = bad news.
5. If all else fails, drink beer. It’ll numb the soreness in your legs! Yes, that is asparagus on the side there. You need to balance out the beer with some healthy eats.
Have a great weekend everyone!