Some random thoughts and pictures…
- I’m having a much calmer taper week this week compared to last week. I was a mess last week obsessing about goals and other things that are out of my control. Poor Matt.
- Speaking of goals, I promise to do a post next week about my A, B, and C goals. I’m still thinking about it and it’s also a little unnerving to post your goals for
the whole worlda few people to see.
- It’s all easy runs from here on out. I want my legs to be fresh, fresh, fresh for the marathon. Better to have more rest than less rest.
- Some fun things people searched for and got directed to my blog: what to do when you don’t want to run, chewed up dog bed, marathon training and green beans (my favorite), and dad running (odd…my Dad doesn’t run).
- I apologize to the runners searching for the Penn Relays 20K results and got directed to my blog. Since the race does no advertising, they got Run The Long Road. Lucky runners.
- Oh, speaking of that race…I placed 7 out of 15 in my age group (30 to 39). Not too shabby considering it was a training run!
I’m done rambling…here are some random pictures.
That’s all the randomness I can take.
*If you don’t mind, please “like” this link on Facebook. Mark Keeley, a Philadelphia Gas Works employee, was killed in a gas explosion in January (he was only 19). He was a diehard Mumford and Sons fan and was planning to travel down south to see them live this year. His family and friends created a Facebook page in hopes of bringing the band to Philly this summer so everyone can see them live. They were told it can happen if the idea “gets enough attention”. They already have 13,000+ “likes”.
I love looking at searches that led to my blog, they are always amusing. I really need to come up with a new title for my blog without “lick” lol.
I found tapering to be stressful because those easy runs made me feel like I wasn’t ready!
I love seeing what links people to my blog when they search for something! My favorite was ‘Dwight K. Schrute quotes’ linked someone to my blog… I wrote about him ONCE! Funny stuff.
Glad your taper week is going smoothly! Fresh legs are key for a great race!
I “liked” the link. So hope it works out!!…sounds like such a sad story.
I am glad your tapering is going well…just think you earned this taper with all the hard work that you put in prior to now 🙂 and you will feel so good when you get to the marathon!
cant wait to hear about your goals 🙂
Julia – you are too sweet! Thanks for “liking” the FB link.
Thank you Kristy!! And thank you anyone for liking the link. It really means a lot to his family, friends and girlfriend!! <3
Running Girl says
I love looking at the links that send people to my blog. My favorites are the ones looking for “marathon peed my pants”. Hopefully they’re not disappointed. 😉
Now that’s funny!
Numberz Runner says
Love the manatee pics. Hilarious.
Glad the taper’s going better now. I couldn’t possibly give you any advice on how to handle it better. All I did was obsess about the weather (probabilities of rain, one digit differences in temp predictions, etc.). I think I wrote more posts about the weather than I did about the race.
Can’t wait to hear the goals (count me among the few). And can’t wait to hear that you met them…