6 miles easy / no Garmin
Happy September 1st! September is my favorite month of the year (with October being a close second). I love Fall and the whole back-to-school season. I’m obviously not a teacher…or a parent 😉 I never dreaded going back to school either when I was younger. Nerd.
If you sense a list coming, you know me too well! Here’s why I love Fall…
- perfect running weather (this is almost too obvious to even list)
- running in shorts and a long-sleeve DRI-fit shirt
- sweaters (and my beloved Uggs – I don’t care if they are no longer in style)
- enjoying my coffee without sweating to death (dislike iced coffee)
- on that same note, hot chocolate
- pumpkins and mums
- Halloween candy
- dressing up Hawk in a ridiculous costume for Halloween
- Fall races (I have lots of them planned)
- keeping the windows open and allowing fresh air to come in
- perfect sleeping weather
AND…I have a marathon in 10 days! A perfect way to ring in Fall! I got an email from the race yesterday saying “it is on as scheduled”. Apparently there were questions about whether the race would go on due to Irene. The thought of it NOT happening never crossed my mind but it does explain all the “lehigh marathon and hurricane irene” blog searches.
What’s your favorite season? Why?
Please keep voting for RTLR for CBS Philly’s Most Valuable Blogger (click here to vote)!