8 miles easy / 1:15 / 9:22 avg pace (done on Wednesday night)
I saw this North Face sports bra on Tina’s blog a few months ago and had to have it. This is exactly what I was looking for; the solution to my RaceReady shorts. I wrote about my love (not really love, but practicality) for RaceReady shorts a few months ago and I got some flack about it. Yes, they are ugly but they hold everything!
I tested out this bra last Friday (on a 20-miler) and buh bye RaceReady shorts! It held 4 Shot Bloks perfectly and easily could have held 2 more (the exact amount that I carry for a marathon). The pouch (not sure what else to call it) is huge and even has a separate compartment for your key.
- The Shot Bloks didn’t move an inch; I hardly knew they were there.
- You can’t beat the accessibility…I mean they are right there!
- Did I look like I had a 3rd boob with all those Shot Bloks stuffed down my bra? Yes. Did I care? No. I do wear RaceReady shorts in public so you know I don’t care!
- Stuff gets pretty warm in that region so if you’re a fan of freezing your GUs, this may not be the best plan for you.
- The bra runs small. It’s intended for A/B cups (according to the description). If I ordered online I would have gotten a small (I’m not so well-endowed). Luckily I was near a North Face store and tried on the medium and it fit perfectly; a small would have been too small.
- I guess I should mention that it also does everything a sports bra should: supports, wicks, doesn’t chafe, etc.
I’m so, so happy with this bra! I can finally wear normal shorts for a marathon (Lululemon Willpower shorts, of course)!