Celebrating…

It’s nearly 1 week post-Boston and I’m still smiling and celebrating.

Check out this post-race picture.  I don’t even remember posing for it.  Even though I’m rocking the halo of frizz and my smile resembles a Cheshire cat, I love it.  It’s nothing more than pure bliss and happiness.

image
Too bad it costs $50 to download you…

So what have I been doing all week?  Going out to dinner, drinking, sleeping, and no running.  I always take a week off post-marathon to recharge physically and mentally.

I got a pedicure on Thursday and a massage on Friday.  The massage included a “chakra balancing”.  I had to Google it when I got home.  In the middle of the massage these stones/crystals were placed midline down my body.  I have no clue what went on after that because I passed out cold for 30 minutes.  Apparently my chakras were unbalanced?  Regardless, it was the best massage I ever had.

On Saturday, Matt and I went to the Mutter Museum.  If you like weird medical anomalies, this place is for you.  Diseases of Secretion, a slide of Einstein’s brain (for real), the Soap Lady (disturbing), and the Big Colon (need I say more?).  You’re lucky they don’t allow pictures.

mutter_1

We spent the rest of the day at Rittenhouse Square, one of our favorite spots in the city.  Matt and I people-watched and Hawk chased pigeons.

matt_hawk

rittenhouse
So pretty

We went to dinner at Village Whiskey on Saturday night, which we heard has the best burgers in Philly.  They were very good, but the best in the city?  Not sure…

And then we had brunch on Sunday morning.  Oh my god, I’m practically busting out of my sweatpants.

No more celebrating.  I cannot wait to run again tomorrow.  One week off is enough for me.

Do you like weird medical stuff?  I love it.  I used to be addicted to Mystery Diagnosis.

How much time do you take off between races?  I always take a week post-marathon.  Always.

Comments

I LOVE that picture, how cute are you? Pure bliss in there! I used to take a week off but then I started training for ultras and things got crazy. I still think it’s a good idea though. I might take some serious time off after GORUCK.
    Alyssa recently posted…When a Porto Potty is a step upMy Profile

I recognize that smile immediately post-Boston-finish! I feel like I’m still celebrating too :)

I usually go for a “first run” that weekend after the race. So for Boston, that means by Friday I’m itching to run, but usually put it off til Saturday – just to be safe.

Enjoy whatever’s next (wink)
    Lisa recently posted…Next stop…Vermont City!My Profile

Yes!! The Mutter museum! I went there a few years ago. Actually my first few trips to Philly after moving to NJ were…the Mutter Museum, and 2 months later: seeing Body Worlds at the Franklin Institute. Then I decided my next trip to Philly needed to not be medical in nature.

Great picture, but $50 is outrageous.
    Amanda recently posted…Weekly Recap and I’m Not In High SchoolMy Profile

That is such a great picture! I love that they handed out the space blankets even though it was so hot. I thought that was only something they did when it was cool, but then again I’ve never run a hot weather marathon…because I’m not crazy like you. :)
    Kara recently posted…Gold Star NeededMy Profile

I love weird medical things!! That museum sounds right up my alley. One week off of running is what I’ve done, although I have cross trained during that time. I think some time off is definitely needed both mentally and physically – and then once you start running again you’re totally ready to go. Hope you have a great run tomorrow!

That picture of you is absolutely perfect :)
    Kelly recently posted…Run for the Parks 4M Race RecapMy Profile

You are just the cutest thing in the world and $50 may be pricey, but you MUST have that photo. I don’t care if it was $100. Okay, maybe I would. I might just print out the one that says PHOTO across it. HA! I bet you’re still smiling. I’d probably be smiling for an entire year. Till this day, the girl I run with still talks about Boston and that was 5-years ago. So I’m sure that it’s totally normal!!!! ;o) I’d be talking about it forever!!!!

Can’t wait to hear how your run goes. Oh, and Matt totally looks like Adrian Grenier in that picture. FYI, I am in love with Adrian Grenier. Ever since “Drive Me Crazy” — I know, what a lame movie, but hey, I like those kind of lame movies. My husband still laughs at me for crying during Click. So, I cry during movies… Big woop.

XO

Love the photo! You look happy and satisfied.

I took a week off after my first marathon, two and a half weeks after Jersey, and, umm, 4 months after NYC (forced due to injury!). I think two weeks is about right for me to take of post-marathon.

I need to find a race in DC so I can go to that museum!!!

I used to always take a week off running post marathon, but the last couple (including the ultra) I do some easy runs starting 2-3 days after the event.
    Super-cute picture!
    I love Rittenhouse Square, too! It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been there, but it is my favorite part of Philly.

Looking forward to hearing what’s next for you as far as running/racing is concerned.

What a great photo! Glad you’ve enjoyed your week of rest to the fullest.

I usually only take off about 3 days from running post-marathon, though this time around I took off 4. I need a mental recharge more than a physical charge so I give myself at least a week off of any schedule running and I definitely let myself have a little extra dessert and beer…
    David recently posted…Giving Back to the Running CommunityMy Profile

That’s an amazing race photo! I can’t believe what they charge for a DIGITAL photo for races…it’s almost sickening!
    Sounds like you’ve been having a nice recuperating week – well-deserved I might add.
    Carrie recently posted…Weekly Wrap-UpMy Profile

The Mutter Museum is gross!!! Haha, very interesting, but gross for sure. I was covering my mouth the whole time when I went! :) Did you see the exhibit on the skeleton of the woman who wore a corset? Wasn’t that crazy?!
    Oh nice, I want to try a Village Whiskey burger! I heard they’re great. My fave burger in PHL is at Pub & Kitchen – have you tried?
    One week post-marathon sounds perfect. Good for you! Love post-race celebrations!!!
    Kate @ NaturaStride recently posted…GoGazella’s Virtual Relay!My Profile