Boston, Boston, Boston!

Another post of Boston ramblings before I am Beantown-bound!

Boston Marathon = dream realized
Monday will be a dream come true for me. I’m going to try my best to hold it together and keep my composure during Mile 25 and as I approach the finish line. I will see my family and friends at Mile 25 and this is where I stood 2 years ago and watched the race. If you told me back then I would be running Boston in 2012, I would have said you’re full of crap (putting it nicely).

IMG_3935
2010

Allergies + no sleep = bad race prep
The beginning of the week started out a little rough sleep-wise. We are getting our master bathroom re-done and the demo kicked up a lot of dust. I’m pretty much Paul Pfeiffer (a Wonder Years reference for you young folks) when it comes to allergies…meaning I’m allergic to everything.

wonder_paul
Thankfully I have no food allergies, unlike Paul

Tuesday night I got about 4 hours of sleep due to my dust allergies (even with sleeping in the guest bedroom). I was convinced I was experiencing anaphylaxis and if an EpiPen was given to me, I probably would have used it.

Wednesday night was much better – 10 hours of sleep – all because of 76 mg of diphenhydramine Smile

I can’t wait to sleep in a dust-free hotel room.

Matt = husband of the year after this weekend
Not only am I demanding a 6AM departure time on Saturday, poor Matt will be part photographer/part social coordinator for family and friends all weekend. I already warned him about the photo shoot I plan on having at the expo and finish line (we plan on visiting the finish line on Sunday).

April 16 = hot
What post would be complete without a weather update? It’s shaping up to be a hot one. Despite the mild winter, I don’t think I’m that acclimated to running in 70 degree temps. Oh well, it is better than rainy and bitterly cold.

image

Runner tracking = motivation
Some of you have asked about runner tracking for Boston. If you are so inclined, you can track me here (bib #17983).

If you are spectating the race, I’ll be wearing this tank with black shorts. Please cheer for me and tell me I look good even if I don’t!

name patch_boston

With that, I’m off to begin packing!  I’ll probably post again on Sunday, while I’m resting my legs in compression gear!

Comments

So so excited for you and your Boston dream. What a dream day it is. I can’t wait for what I hope to be a VERY lengthy recap post-race, photos and all! I’ll be stalking online, for sure. :-)
    Arielle recently posted…Swimming Lesson 1My Profile

A photo session at the finish line is a must. TIP: the earlier in the day you go, the better. We went around 7am (your husband will love me for this tip…that’s right, Matt, no sleeping in on Sunday either!) and there was no one around–it was so quiet and deserted–really cool!
    I will be tracking you and also sending good, speedy vibes!!!
    Can’t wait for your race report!!!!

3. AmandaRunsNY says

Good luck at the marathon! I will be cheering for you on twitter!

You know, 71 sounds kind of great because since races start so early it will probably be in the 50′s or low 60′s when you start. The high isn’t usually until late afternoon so you won’t be freezing your butt off at the start or having to deal with discarding layers. Just trying to focus on the positive!

Good luck again! Run fast, run hard :)

So exciting!! GOOD LUCK on Monday as you achieve your dream of crossing the finish line!! =) It’s an experience like no other (well except for NYC but I’m biased b/c that’s where I am from/live)!!
    Enjoy it and soak it all in – you earned the right to be there!1 =)
    Michele @ nycrunningmama recently posted…To wait or Not To Wait??My Profile

5. Amanda says

I started tearing up while reading the 1st paragraph… such an emotional prego I am. Anyhow, I’m beyond excited for you and will be cheering you on from my desk on Monday. Wishing you a fabulous race and a memorable weekend. XOXO

6. Camille says

Rock on, Kristy!! I will be cheering from DC! Kick butt and have fun! Safe travels! Can’t wait to see the pics and read the after marathon post! Have a miller lite for mepost run! Lol!

Yay, I’m so excited for you!!!! I already have a note with your bib number and will be tracking you! That’s really awesome that you were able to get up there to watch it before you even realized you had a shot at it! It’s also very cool that so many friends and family will be there. Have fun and travel safe! And I hope you get a couple night’s rest in a dust free room :)
    Beth @ RUNNING around my kitchen recently posted…Another race pet peeveMy Profile

Good luck on Monday and safe travels! The weather may be a little warm for us runners, but I’m sure the crowds lining the course will be in full force because of it. You’ve definitely earned this whole experience so enjoy it! Maybe I’ll see you out there on the course.
    David recently posted…Countdown to Boston: A Beacon of HopeMy Profile

Aw, Kristy, it’s weird, but I am super, SUPER excited for you! Just reading this made me feel so happy and pumped for you! YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :)
    Love the Paul Pfeiffer reference. The Wonder Years was such a good show.
    Haha, I’m glad Matt is being so accommodating. T had a similar weight on his shoulders when I ran C’bus, except that both my parents AND his were going AND they had never met before. It was an interesting day!
    You are going to look great, you are going to feel great, and you’re going to DO great! GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :)
    Katie recently posted…I’m Falling ApartMy Profile

10. meredith says

Good luck Kristy! Just remember you deserve this! Enjoy every second of it! I hope to one day be in your shoes so you are an inspiration to me!
    Meredith

ooh thanks for posting your race day shirt! It’ll be easier to spot you, I hope! And hilarious mention of Paul from wonder years. Totally forgot about him!

Hope you get up to Boston safely and have fun at the expo! Maybe I’ll see you there!
    Kelly recently posted…Shipping up to BostonMy Profile

12. Kristy Macellaro says

Beyond excited for you! Will be thinking speedy thoughts for you. I hope you have a great weekend and an awesome race!

13. Ruth says

I’m in Houston through next Tuesday for work, but I signed up for the text message updates–what a great idea!! Good luck and have fun!

The culmination of so many years of dreaming and hard work. A huge congrats on making it to Boston (especially by the most remarkable and thinnest of qualifying margins). Although the weather may be less than ideal, I hope you can soak it all in and just enjoy the experience. You’ll forever be able to say you’re part of such a small thin segment of the entire human population: Boston finishers. I remain so impressed and inspired by your hard work and focus. Happy miles to you on Monday.
    Jack recently posted…Today’s Numberz: 2 little boys signed up for 26.2 (but not all at once)My Profile

Comments